In case you missed it, Senator Claire McCaskill had a pretty rough interview on Kansas City’s KCUR 89.3FM last Friday. Some of her most bizarre responses were about President Trump and why she thinks two terms is not enough. Reminder: President Trump won Missouri by nearly 20 points…
RECAPPING McCASKILL’S COMMENTS ON TRUMP:
- McCaskill’s said President Trump deserves an “incomplete” grade 18 months into his term. She could not name a single thing he has done right.
- When asked why two terms was not enough, McCaskill stumbled, saying “that’s a good question,” and rambled off that “while I am not there to fight Donald Trump, I certainly think the check and the balance is important to my state and to the country… And after the election of 2016, when the Republicans swept everything, I felt a certain obligation to step up again.”
- Claire McCaskill has voted with Chuck Schumer almost 90% of the time during her time in the Senate.
- McCaskill has a party unity score of 82% this cycle, making her one of the most partisan of the vulnerable Senate Democrats on a ballot in 2018.
- Despite the President’s strong victory in Missouri, McCaskill believes it is her duty to be a check on his agenda. At the end of the day, she always comes home to her party.
- Subsequently, McCaskill has been named the most unpopular Senator in America on a ballot this year, looking at both low job approval and lack of support for re-election.
Claire McCaskill has hedged a bet on this race. She’s focused on raking-in cash from around the country by opposing President Trump, an unpopular decision in an increasingly red Missouri.